Registration Instructions IceReg
Dartmouth Crossing Speed Skating Club 2022-2023
Registration page for the DCSSC 2022-2023 season will be found at DCSSC ICEREG Registration
Please note DCSSC has decided to register and pay in ICEREG this season, with an option for those who need to pay offline (detail to follow).
On the first page you can look at the programs and decide which will be selected for the skater.
- Press REGISTER NOW button
- Members from last year will be prompted to sign in. Please use the email from last year, a password can be recreated or the same from last year should work. If you log in this way the skater’s membership number will remain the same as last year.
- New members will need to create an ICEREG account. Enter an email and password.
- Select member/ or enter member name (press add another registrant to change the name of the member). Tombstone data will be already entered if using an existing account, if account is new it will need to be added.
- Ensure name and tombstone data is correct (edit by pressing blue “edit” button on right hand bottom of the square.
- Choose a DCSSC Program that corresponds to the member (the Speed Skate Canada and Speed Skate NS fees only category should not be used unless you are registering as a volunteer, coach or official).
- A pop up appears for Speed Skate Nova Scotia membership, press Add Membership to Cart button. Add tombstone data requested. All membership choices will be available. Pick your SSNS membership (which corresponds to the SSC membership) by clicking the checkbox.
- New members in 630PM programs who will not compete outside of our club = Introductory (SSNS + SSC fees = $5) – This is for new athletes.
- Members who will compete this season only in NS = Club Athlete (SSNS + SSC fees = $18) – Most of our club other than new and competitive athletes.
- Members who will compete this season interprovincially = Provincial Athlete (SSNS + SSC fees = $55) – Competitive program
- Members who will compete this season at a national championship (such as Canada Games or Canada Cup) = National Athlete (SSNS + SSC fees = $75)
- SSC Team Athlete – please do not choose this membership unless you have been told to do so by the Head Coach.
*The fee shown at this point of the registration is only the SSNS part, the rest will be added in your Cart summary at the end of the process. You can choose more than one membership here and you will only be charged for the most expensive one.
Press NEXT button.
- Payment Method requested – choose I will pay online by credit card unless you have been given a passphrase (this is available for those members using outside funding – email the Registrar, Treasurer or President). Click in the square.
- Enter membership information for Speed Skate Canada as required. Press NEXT button. Review information (this is for SSNS and SSC) and press Complete and return to registration button.
- Now you are back to register for DCSSC. Again, choose a payment method as detailed above in 7). Press NEXT button.
- Answer all mandatory questions. Press NEXT button.
- Pop up for the store appears to choose a payment method, choose as directed above in 7). Select by clicking the square and press OK. All levels will see the store, if you are in an 630PM program, there will be no need to add skates to your cart.
- Choose skate rental as required by pressing Add to cart button. Required for Skills Development, Competitive and Masters if skates are not owned. Full Speed Ahead full-time members can rent if they want. If you don’t need skates (own them or they are included in the price of the registration) then press NEXT button. The store pop up will come up several times if you have chosen more than one DCSSC program, do not add skates to cart more than once.
- If you are registering to volunteer or registering another member press Complete and add another Participant button. It will loop you back and ask mandatory questions again as per above. If registering as a volunteer choose Speed Skate Canada, Speed Skate NS fees only category. After adding all members or otherwise press Complete and proceed to Cart button.
- Waivers for Speed Skate Nova Scotia – press YES button, enter data as required, press check boxes to continue, enter full name and I agree to the above button. These will come up over again for each member.
- Waivers for DCSSC – enter data as required, press check boxes to continue, enter full name and I agree to the above button. These will come up again for each member.
- Cart Summary will come up now and should include a Dartmouth Crossing Speed Skating Club fee, a Speed Skate Canada fee, a Speed Skate Nova Scotia fee (plus processing fees on this one only), and a skate fee (if added). If there is more than one member there will be more fees listed. An optional insurance “Refundable Registration” is available for a cost, this is a third-party insurance for unforeseen circumstances (DCSSC has always been very reasonable with our members when unforeseen circumstances arise so we are not encouraging selection of this insurance). Press Submit and Complete button after review. Pay with credit card (unless you had a pass phrase).
You will receive an email confirmation. The membership(s) numbers will be listed on the email confirmation, please keep this number handy as it is important when registering for competitions.
If renting skates, you must contact Sheila McGinn at email@example.com to arrange for a skate fitting as soon as possible.
Any questions about the registration process please contact the Registrar at DCspeedskate@gmail.com