- Equipment rentals
- Speed skate rental - Viking adjustable speed skates
Speed skate rental - Viking adjustable speed skates
The rental period runs from September 1 to March 31. Skates must be returned to the club no later than April 15.
Conditions of rental:
- Renter must be a club member in good standing, registered for a program during the current speed skating season. The rental period runs from the skater's first ice session to March 31. Skates must be returned to the club no later than April 15. Skate rental fees are to be paid in full before removing skates from the arena.
- Skaters and their parents must attend a skate sharpening and maintenance demonstration before their first skate rental. Skates must not be taken to commercial skate sharpeners as their sharpening equipment would damage the blades, which must be hand sharpened. Skaters must care for skates (sharpening, cleaning, laces, etc.) according to generally accepted procedures prescribed by the club. A club sharpening kit will be available for use at the arena to sharpen skates. Club personnel will assist renters who have not yet been trained in sharpening.
- Skaters must accept responsibility for any loss or damage beyond normal wear and make good such damages. No changes are to be made by the renter to the size adjustment on the Viking adjustable skates. Adjustments are to be made only by club personnel, as the mechanism is easily damaged and cannot be replaced. If it is damaged by the renter, they will be responsible for replacing the skates.
- The rental fee for the season (September-March) is $50 for the Viking adjustable speed skates. The rental fee includes hard guards, which must be worn whenever walking in the skates off-ice, and soft guards (soakers) which are used for transportation and storage. Skates must not be stored with the hard plastic guards on the blades.
- All skates, guards and soakers must be returned at the end of the season (by April 15). At that time the skates should be clean, sharpened and contain proper laces. Lost guards or soakers must be replaced. If skates are not returned by April 15th, skaters will not be eligible to rent skates in the following season.